Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Music Mama, and other random thoughts.

Georgia (Jo, to those of you who "know" me) LOVES music. LOVES IT. Well, she is 8 months old, what do I expect, right?

Saturday, she watched part of a Cheetah Girls Concert with Becka and sat in front of the TV with her little arms in the air waving back and forth. It was cute to watch. :)

I just had Yo Gabba Gabba on (which apparently, freaks Big Pat out). She was standing at the TV (it's low) tapping on the screen and shaking her little butt LOL

The big kids will be here soon, so the Tube has to be shut off. The ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WATCH TV until EVERYONE has done their homework. Nor can they play computer or playstation until EVERYONE is done with their homework. Got some serious whining out of Patrick with that one.

Also informed miss Becka that while Grandma's paying for her to join bowling this fall, if her grades aren't up to me and Pat's standards, we won't let her join in the winter. It just irks the ever loving SHIT out of me that her mom lets her do whatever she wants, including hanging around with a 15 year old (hello? she's TEN. What does she need to hang out with a 15 year old for? Especially at the college~with no adult supervision.) But I absolutely will NOT let her join bowling if she can't keep her grades up. Same goes for Caitlyn. And Patrick. You get the idea.

Lets see, the kids should all be here in 15 minutes or less. (my kids, it'll probably be less. Becka and Jake, probably more because Becka just "has" to be "in" on everything, even fights) Then the homework battles will begin. Patrick will do his immediately because he lives for PS2. Caitlyn will probably scream, cry and throw pencils at me. I might be tempted to lodge them in her fingertips. Jake will whine. Becka will probably say she doesn't have any, even when she does. She used to do that last year. "I don't have any homework" then the next morning, when she's supposed to be getting ready for school, she's finishing it, and telling us "I forgot."

Guess what. I have a secret weapon. Most of the teachers around these parts post homework on their class websites. I'll know if she's lying to me or not. And then we'll have a big old discussion about how lying isn't cool and I seriously won't put up with it. Any suggestions on a punishment for that one? (work doesn't do diddly to her...she likes it.) I know she lies to me and her dad, and so does he, but we have yet to figure out a way to prove it and punish her for it. I can't stand it.

No comments:

Blog Archive