Friday, September 5, 2008

Poor booger

Jo got into the kitchen tonight, and I was startled awake by big pat screaming.

She apparently tried to pull up on the corner of the stove, and it's sharp (what the hell?) and she sliced up her ring finger and her middle finger on her left hand and was bleeding like a stuck pig. I got into the tub with her because we couldn't tell how bad it was and if she needed stitches. We're still not really sure. But we cleaned them off, bandaged her up and then wrapped strips of ace bandage AND a sock around her hand so that she couldn't keep ripping them open and making them bleed.

Poor thing. I don't really think she needs stitches, just that they were in such a place that it's going to be a bitch to keep them clean if we can't keep them covered. I'll check again in the morning, and if it's bad, we'll take her in for stitches in the morning. (Plus, I hate with a passion going to the ER, so I'd rather wait until the walkin clinic is open.)

Not to mention the fact that she's been running a fever since yesterday (not sure how high, she just feels warmer than usual.) so I took her w/ me to Patrick's checkup so the doc could peek in her ears to make sure it wasn't an ear infection. It's not. Probably just her teeth.

Poor kid can't catch a break.

No comments:

Blog Archive