When someone there posts and everyone has to TYPE OUT "you (general)" and stuff like that.
Or when they edit to fix their spelling there's an "ETA: fix spelling"
WHO THE HELL CARES?!
Seriously, if people are *that* damn uptight about a message board, maybe they should go hang out in a coffee shop and try *talking* like that. Really. See how well *that* goes over.
Just so you know, I'll edit my blogs to fix my spelling, and I WON'T *gasp* put in an ETA stating that. It's stupid. Annoying. And oh yeah, really stupid.
If I mention *you*, I"ll do it by NAME. for instance
my friend SARA..or Andi and I....or whatever. I'm not going to do it. I think it's dumb, and I've been hard pressed to NOT say so on BZ.
Yes, that's right, I think it's dumb to follow EVERY SINGLE YOU with (general). Some day soon, probably, I'll flip out in a pregnancy induced fit of rage (yes, I have those lol to the point where I just scream and walk out of a room til I cool off)
Oh and I'm anal about my spelling, so if I catch a mistake, I'll go back and fix it. And if I *miss* one, feel free to point it out so I feel stupid :D (I may make a few really stupid errors for the next couple of weeks since I just got acrylic nails and am not used to them yet. *sigh*)
6 comments:
Hey! I can see me now following you! And now, here I am commenting!
I was once on Hot Topics and someone asked something like "What do you think of reading your child's diary. I trust my 17 year old daughter and have not ever read her diary."
My response was along the lines of "I think that if you trust your child, then there is no reason to invade their privacy. But, if your child gives you reason to think that their life is in peril, I don't see a problem in reading a diary to get to the bottom of it. Same with email etc."
And she came back with "I wasn't really looking for advise, I just wondered what everyone else thought."
And so I came back with "Let me rephrase. If you (general) trust your (general) child then there is no reason to invade their (general) privacy. But, if your (general) child gives you (general) reason to think that their (general) life is in peril, I don't see a problem in reading a diary to get to the bottom of it. Same with email etc."
And then she came back with "LOL Touche!"
I can't for the life of me remember her name or SN. She has six kids, three older, three younger and lives in the UK. I'm sure you know or at least have an idea of who I'm talking about. So, here we have two veterans of Hot Topics needing to use the you (general).
You (not general here) are hilarious!
ETA: I fixed hilarious.
I JUST HAD to! he he
luvs ya!
Angel
Hey Sara-
That would be Helen.
And she left TBK in a fit of rage, if you remember that.
And she is also in the group called, "we don't like Angel".
Angel
There's a "We don't like Angel" group? Please do explain! (Yeah, we're totally hijacking Dot's blog. We're that kind of bitch.)
way to go goobers~hijacking my blog. ahahahah go for it. I don't care.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Oh, a new pet peeve of mine is when people write like this:
So, Today I Went To The Store And Bought Some Groceries. I Took All Of The Kids With Me And It Went Well.
OMG, I don't read posts where they over capitalize!!! Oh, Dot, she's on the May DDC board....
Post a Comment